About the Camden Coalition of Healthcare Providers
The Camden Coalition of Healthcare Providers is a multidisciplinary nonprofit organization working to improve care for people with complex health and social needs in Camden, NJ and across the country. The Camden Coalition works to advance the field of complex care by implementing person-centered programs and piloting new models that address chronic illness and social barriers to health and wellbeing. Supported by a robust data infrastructure, cross-sector convening, and shared learning, our community-based programs deliver better care to the most vulnerable individuals in Camden and regionally. Our local work also informs our goal of building the field of complex care across the country. In 2016, our National Center for Complex Health and Social Needs was launched and has already established itself as a thought leader in the emerging field of complex care.
Learn more about the Camden Coalition:
- Read the Camden Coalition‘s and National Center for Complex Health and Social Needs’ blogs.
- Join our mailing list.
- For more information and to request an interview or photo, contact [email protected].
- To request a speaker at your event, fill out a request form.
Recent Press Releases
New Jersey Health Care Quality Institute report highlights Regional Health Hub model
New Jersey Health Care Quality Institute highlights the Camden Coalition of Healthcare Providers and three other regional collaboratives across New Jersey as examples of this model in practice
Camden Coalition of Healthcare Providers included in Governor's FY2020 proposed budget
Governor Murphy’s budget book is a reflection of the administration’s strategic direction and focus areas, and includes many of the priorities of the Camden Coalition
New article shows the importance of primary care in reducing hospital readmissions
Primary care community unites to provide seven-day follow up appointments for hospitalized patients in Camden, reducing avoidable readmissions
New research reveals the prevalence of behavioral health and social needs
Camden Coalition analysis of behavioral health needs among individuals with patterns of high hospital utilization published in BMC Health Services Research.
National conference on complex care brings together stakeholders furthering the field
Healthcare innovation leaders release the Blueprint for Complex Care at third annual "Putting Care at the Center" conference in Chicago
Camden Coalition in the News
“Measuring the Success of the 7-Day Pledge Program to Avert Postdischarge Hospital Visits,” American Journal of Managed Care, February 3, 2019.
“Camden Program to Cut Hospital Readmissions Gains National Attention,” NJ Spotlight, February 5, 2019.
- “Community Information Exchanges Target Social Determinants of Health,” Physician’s Practice, March 7, 2019.
- “Victor Murray Highlights the Difficulties of Treating Individuals with Complex Needs,” American Journal of Managed Care, March 28, 2019.
- “Taking Care of Charlie Helped One California Town Nearly Halve Hospital Use,” STAT, April 8, 2019.
- “In Camden, Housing Program Reduces Trips to the Emergency Room,” Courier-Post, November 22, 2017.
- “This Planned $16-Million West Philly Apartment Project Wants to Tackle Homelessness, Health,” Philadelphia Inquirer, March 15, 2019.
- “‘Hardest and Best Job I’ve Had’: Health Commissioner Elnahal Talks Year One and Beyond,” ROI-NJ, January 28, 2019.